UTS - UNIVERSAL TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS LTD
We at Avis Israel collect personal information that you choose to provide, which we need in order to provide the services you seek from us.
By providing us with personal information about you, you give your consent that we use this information for operational and marketing purposes, all in accordance with this Privacy Statement or the provisions of any law.
Who operates the Site?
The Site is owned and managed by Avis Israel - UTS - Universal Transportation Solutions Ltd., of 10 Hamasger Street, Lod. You may refer to us any question by contacting us at the above address or by e-mail at the address indicated on the "Write to Us" button.
What data do we collect when using the Site?
A great deal of data is collected when you use or visit the Site that does not identify you personally. The information is collected automatically. It includes, among other things, the web pages viewed on the Site, the links chosen, the websites from which the surfers came to the Site, the amount of time spent on the Site, the operating systems used by the surfers on the Site, their Internet browsers, the countries from which the Site was accessed, etc.
The examples provided here are for clarification only and are not a complete list of the information collected.
This information is of a statistical nature. As we emphasized earlier, the Site does not identify you personally. In other words, it does not enable us to know your name or your personal information. It is however stored on the computers of Avis Israel and is used for analysis, control, supervision and learning about the Site's activity.
We ensure that information that identifies you personally is always provided to us only at your own initiative and control. For example, some of the services on the Site - such as receipt of an offer to rent a car or buy a car, which is sent to the customer by e-mail - require registration. You will be required to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, passport number, ID card number, driver's license number, affiliation to companies and organizations, etc. Required fields are explicitly marked. You are not required by law to provide the information, but without providing it, you will not be able to use these services. When sending us an e-mail or contacting us using the feedback form on the Site, we will also receive details that identify you. In all these cases we will keep your details in the Avis Israel database.
How will we use the collected data?
- To enable you to use the Site services.
- In order to improve and enhance the services and content offered on the Site, including the creation of new services and content tailored to the requirements and expectations of the users on the Site, and to change or cancel existing services and content. The data to be used by us for this purpose will be primarily statistical data information that does not identify you personally.
- To match advertisements and commercial information with your personal preferences.
- If you have given us your e-mail address, we may send you occasional e-mail information about services, content and suggestions that may interest you as well as marketing and advertising information - whether it is information that we ourselves publish or information we receive from other advertisers. Such information will be sent to you if you have given your express consent, which may be withdrawn at any time and you will stop receiving it. In any event, we will not disclose your personal information to advertisers.
- To contact you (if necessary) or in order to analyze and submit statistical information to third parties, including advertisers. This information will not personally identify you.
When do we give information to a third party?
We will not transfer information that identifies you personally to third parties, unless in the cases set out below:
- Should we receive a judicial order instructing us to submit your details or information about you to a third party.
- Any dispute, contention, claim, demand or legal proceedings, if any, between Avis and yourself.
- In any case where we believe that the submission of such information is necessary to prevent serious harm to your person or property or to the person or property of a third party.
It is hereby clarified that the provisions of this section do not confer upon any third party any rights to demand information from Avis and will not be considered a contract in favor of a third party.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can avoid this by changing the definitions in your browser. Please check the instructions in the Help file of your browser for this purpose. You can also delete the cookies from your computer at any time. It is recommended that you do so only if you are certain that you do not want the Site to be customized to your preferences. Remember, deleting or disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some of the services and features on the Site or other websites.
We strive to maintain proper physical and electronic security measures to protect your private information. These security measures are intended to reduce the risk of unauthorized access to the Website's computers. Nonetheless, they can never make the Site absolutely immune if a determined and skilled hacker decides to ignore the explicit provisions of the law and unlawfully access the computer material on the Site or disrupt its operation. For this reason, we do not guarantee that the Site will be completely immune to unauthorized access and misuse of the information stored therein.
The right to review information
Under the Protection of Privacy Law, 5741-1981, any individual is entitled to review information concerning him that is contained in the database, whether by himself or through a proxy so authorized in writing on his behalf or through his legal guardian. Any person, who reviews such information and finds it to be inaccurate, incomplete, unclear or non-updated, may contact the owner of the database with a request to amend or delete the data. If the owner of the database refuses to comply with such a request, he must inform the applicant accordingly and in the manner prescribed in the Regulations. On the refusal of the owner of a database to allow perusal and the notice of refusal to amend or delete information, the applicant may appeal to the Magistrate's Court in the manner prescribed in the regulations.